cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Andrew <andrewm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: checkbox widget with datatype vector
Date Sun, 23 Jul 2006 21:22:03 GMT
Hi Jason,

Interesting, so how do users know what items they're deleting if you
> don't display them?

Believe me you me, I nearly choked at the final design cost of my website!
Suffice to say  a lovely table format was designed whereby the orderId,
artist name, title, qty, price, and then the delete checkbox are all
lovingly displayed to the end user. What is not needed on the end of that
row is the orderid again ;-)

Anyway, if that's really what you need then you can override the styling
> so that it does not display the item labels.
>
> Or something you might try first -- I haven't tried this so I don't know
> for sure if it will work -- is since it uses a (J)XPath expression to
> resolve the label, feed it an XPath expression that always returns an
> empty string.  Maybe like label-path="''"?

That works a treat. Nice one!

>     Should be list-type="checkbox".
> >

> > Spot on again, thanks. When I select a value to be deleted none of them
> > are being deleted. If memory serves me correctly I need to convert the
> > array type to a collection and then obtain an iterator on the collection
> > right?
> >
> > Again the flow code is unchanged:
> >
> >         delItems = bizData.delItem ;
> >         var items = new java.util.Vector();

As delItems is now actually a widget, why can I not do this to extract the
value of the widget?:

delItems = bizData.delItem.value;

regards

Andrew