cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Andrew Madu" <andrewm...@gmail.com>
Subject Difference between fi:group and ft:group
Date Wed, 12 Jul 2006 15:27:42 GMT
Hi,
can someone tell me what the difference is between an fi:group and ft:group?
I ask i relation to:

http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/ajax.html

Quote:
'Container widgets must enclose a container element

The Ajax support of Cocoon Forms works by sending partial page updates to
the browser. This requires the representation of widgets to be contained in
a single element, which becomes the "replacement unit" for that widget.

The styling stylesheets take care of this for terminal widgets such as
fields and actions, but not for container widgets whose layout are
completely defined by the page template. Concretely, this means that
<ft:repeater>, <ft:group> and <ft:union> instructions must contain a single

<ft:group id="info">
</ft:group> '

In my jx I have the following type of widget definitions:

                        <fi:group>
                            <fi:items>
                              <ft:widget id="credit">
                                <fi:styling class="keyinbox"
submit-on-change="true"/>
                              </ft:widget>
                            </fi:items>
                        </fi:group>

Is it required in this example to wrap the ft:widget section inside <DIV />
tags?

regards

Andrew