cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Nathaniel Alfred" <Alfred.Nathan...@swx.com>
Subject RE: How to avoid the encoded text &#220 in pdf generation
Date Tue, 11 Jul 2006 12:57:01 GMT
You have to tweak your XSP that it produces the equivalent of

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<doc>
      <text>&#220;bung</text>
</doc>

Any effort to use XSLT for unwinding the double escaped

      &amp;#220; ==> &#220; ==> Ü

is futile.

You should look whether the text is already like this in the database,
or whether it is modified by the JDBC driver reading XML data.

HTH, Alfred.

-----Original Message-----
From: Dingjun Jia [mailto:dingjun.jia@gmail.com]
Sent: Montag, 10. Juli 2006 20:10
To: users@cocoon.apache.org
Subject: How to avoid the encoded text &#220 in pdf generation

My cocoon 2.1.9 runs on a suse linux computer with java version "1.4.2_11".
I use fo2pdf serializer to generate pdf files from xml files, which I use
xsp to generate from a MySQL (Version 4.1.13) database. The pdf-generation
runs without errors, but in the generated pdf files there are text like
"&#220;bung", which should be "Übung".

For the sake of simplicity, I give a short example to describe my situation
and forget the step of generating xml from xsp intentionally.

Given that, we have already a xml file like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<doc>
      <text>&amp;#220;bung</text>
</doc>