cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Ard Schrijvers" <a.schrijv...@hippo.nl>
Subject RE: Handling sendmail transformer errors/exception
Date Mon, 17 Jul 2006 08:43:31 GMT

> Hi ,
>
> We are using sendmail transformer for email generation. This is
> working fine, but we want to handle the exceptions that are generated
> by sendmail transformer.
>
> As I understand sendmail transformer results in an xml file which
> describes that status of the email generation.
>
> What I want to do is call a success-result pipeline in case of success
> and call error-result pipleine in case of error.
>
> Basically I want to redirect to differnt pipelines after sendmail
> transformers output. Any ideas how this ccan be achieved

Can be done in multiple ways (though of course the nicest ways is "not yet I hope" available
in cocoon, namely "content aware pipelines")

But, you could:

1) call javascript, reading the sendmail output into a dom, and depending on some value of
some element call a sendPage or cocoon redirect.

2) Do an xsl transformation on your sendmail output, and create an include (cinclude/include/xinclude...what
do we have more?) depending on the value of some element. just include different pipelines
depending on the result

3) Perhaps not the most basic one, you could extend/implement the sendmail transformer yourself
and include the "result specific" stuff in there

Regards Ard