cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Ard Schrijvers" <a.schrijv...@hippo.nl>
Subject RE: Is use-store needed when using XSLTC ?
Date Mon, 03 Jul 2006 13:52:45 GMT
I suppose default in cocoon it says:

<parameter name="use-store" value="true"/>

So yes, it does certainly make sence, because your xsls (I am not sure if they get compiled
but I would guess they are) arent stored otherwise in the transient store.

Cocoon comes along with quite some nice caching already configured, so I think if you change
things, you should either be certain about what and how you change it, or just trust the default
configuration. Note that the xsl's (I think compiled thus) are being cached in transient store
regardless the pipeline caching strategy!! So even in a noncaching pipeline, they are cached.
But, I have never had a situation where I did not want this behavior, and I cannot imagine
a situation where you would have a reason not to cache.

You can follow what is cached in the different stores via the StatusGenerator.

Regards Ard

--

Hippo
Oosteinde 11

Hello all,

I'm using Cocoon 2.1.8 with XSLTC.

I try to get the best performances from my configuration.

Does it make sense to use parameter <parameter name="use-store" value="true"/> when
using XSLTC ?

Same question if I disable caching by using <map:pipe name="noncaching" src="org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.impl.NonCachingProcessingPipeline">

Regards,