cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Ard Schrijvers" <a.schrijv...@hippo.nl>
Subject RE: PDF: external-graphic & absolute path
Date Fri, 21 Jul 2006 09:23:00 GMT

> I worked around that by passing in the host/port/context
> (read from the
> request object) as a parameter to the XSL transformation.
> You could do much
> the same with Cocoon using something like
> <map:transform type="xsl" src="whatever.xsl">
>    <map:parameter name="baseUrl"
> value="http://{request:serverName}:{request:serverPort}{reques
> t:contextPath}"/>
> in your sitemap and
> <xsl:param name="baseUrl"/>
> <fo:external-graphic src="{$baseUrl}/images/my_logo.png"/>
> in the XSLT stylesheet.  This avoids having to hard code the
> server in your
> XSL.

We normally also solve it this way, but watch out for one thing above: Normally, your cocoon
app will run on a server listening to a certain port, with apache httpd in front. Now, this
means that when it is working on your local cocoon app on a certain port, and you deploy it,
you might and up with external graphics with a port number in it. Normally, you don't want
people to access your cocoon app directly. Make sure that in deployment, the port number is
the one httpd (or what you are using) listens to

Ard