cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Ard Schrijvers" <a.schrijv...@hippo.nl>
Subject RE: OutOfMemoryError
Date Sat, 08 Jul 2006 10:32:13 GMT
Hello Oleg,

it is quite hard to guess what it might be. It could be some configuration problem of course,
or an incredible large cache (ie, you might be caching large pdf documents)

Though. lately I have observerved quite some OOM that were closely related to many "large"
continuations. So, do you use them, and are they unique for all users, and do you have many
users? The trunk has a StatusGenerator displaying all open continuations (by the way, what
is the ttl of cont? ttl= timetolive)

If the trunk StatusGenerator does not work with 2.0.4 I probably have one that works and displays
cont...

Regards Ard

Hi,

We are getting OutOfMemoryError
16:26:41,011 ERROR [STDERR] java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
in our production server (which has 4GB of RAM, javaVM - max 2GB)
every other day. All applications stop responding.
We have a bunch of Cocoon applications [mostly 2.0.4] running on JBoss3.0.7.
It is totally unclear which application is causing the problem.

I don't remember that problem happening in our Development or Testing environment
(where max JavaVM=512MB), but I guess it has a much lighter load.

Is there any known memory problem with Cocoon ?

Is there a way to do memory profiling of Cocoon Apps ? Any particular tool ?
(I have done memory profiling of Java applets with JProbe years ago)

Any advice is very appreciated.

Thank you in advance,
 Oleg.