cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Ard Schrijvers" <a.schrijv...@hippo.nl>
Subject RE: cache
Date Wed, 05 Jul 2006 07:42:15 GMT

> See: http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/concepts/caching.html

About that page, and then particularly

"The Default Caching Algorithm

The default algorithm uses a very easy but effective approach to cache a request: The pipeline
process is cached up to the most possible point.

Therefore each component in the pipeline is queried by Cocoon if it supports caching. Several
components, like the file generator or the xslt transformer support caching. However, dynamic
components like the sql transformer or the cinclude transformer do not. Let's have a look
at some examples:"

is just not right. The default algorithm for a pipeline cache either results the entire pipeline
OR nothing of it! This is important to know when you are looking for performance flaws.

Though, the above described behavior should be enabled with CachingPointProcessingPipeline,
but I never used it (I never had to either, because the point untill a pipeline is cacheable
I just move into a seperate pipeline). Anyway, the wiki is incorrect.

Regards Ard

--

Hippo
Oosteinde 11