cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Kamal Bhatt <kbh...@tt.com.au>
Subject Imageop - type selection
Date Thu, 27 Jul 2006 05:44:59 GMT

Hi
I have noticed something curious about imageop. We allow our clients to
enter images into our system. Now, and we know this is bad design, they
are allowed to enter images with incorrect suffixes or no suffix. One
image had a suffix of JPG but turned out to be BMP. This caused imageop
to crash and burn. If we removed the suffix, it seems to work. Two
questions, is this default behaviour (ie, if no suffix is given assume
BMP) or is there some clever decision made about what file format it is?
If this is the case that there is some clever processing occuring, how
can I get this behaviour all the time (ie ignore the suffix)? I have
looked at the code and I am obviously missing something because I do not
see logic for this.

Cheers.

--
Kamal Bhatt

--
Disclaimer: This email is confidential and may contain privileged information for the sole
use of the person or business to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient,