cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Jason Johnston <coc...@lojjic.net>
Subject Re: Cocoon-Ajax issue
Date Tue, 18 Jul 2006 00:57:52 GMT
Andrew wrote:
> Hi Simone,
> Basically my problem is that after setting ajax="true" in my
> ft:form-template and defining my jx-macros line:
>
> <jx:import
> uri="resource://org/apache/cocoon/forms/generation/jx-macros.xml"/>
>     <tableR>
>         <ft:form-template action="creditCard.kont" id="Form1"
> method="POST" ajax="true">
>
> and in my sitemap doing:
>
> 1. <map:transformer name="browser-update"
> src="org.apache.cocoon.ajax.BrowserUpdateTransformer"/> in
> map:transformers and:
>
> 2. <map:selector name="ajax-request" src="
> org.apache.cocoon.ajax.AjaxRequestSelector"/> in my map:selectors
>
> and my pipeline being defined as so:
>
>             <map:match pattern="**viewform-*">
>                 <map:generate type="jx" src="jx/{2}_.jx"/>
>                 <map:transform type="browser-update"/>
>                 <map:transform type="forms"/>
>                 <map:transform type="i18n">
>                   <map:parameter name="locale" value="en-US"/>
>                 </map:transform>
>                 <map:transform
> src="resources/forms-advanced-field-styling2.xsl"/>

What is the XSLT file from this above line?  Is it a copy of
forms-advanced-field-styling.xsl from the Cocoon distribution?  Normally
you have a separate XSLT file that includes the Cocoon-provided XSLTs,
(see forms-samples-styling.xsl in the CForms samples), rather than using
them directly.

Using them directly will *not* insert the correct <script> references in
the head of the HTML document, so anything that requires client-side
JavaScript (AJAX!) will not function.

Check the source of your HTML output and verify that it has all the
<script> tags that are in the CForms samples; if not then this is
probably your issue.