cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <Ralph.Go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: AW: AW: OutOfMemoryError
Date Tue, 11 Jul 2006 16:45:29 GMT
Dan Durkin wrote:

> Ralph,
>
> Can you elaborate on how you see that a given pool size is too low?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Dan

This happened just last week. We were doing CPU profiling with YourKit
and when I drilled down I saw the resource limiting pool was creating
XML serializers. You would never see this (in a warmed up system) if the
pool size was OK.  Its harder to see in production. I've had our
operations folks periodically take thread dumps and then I look at
them.  Usually, you will see the resource limiting pool if some pool
size is too low, but you usually won't see what the object is.

Ralph