cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <Ralph.Go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: AW: AW: OutOfMemoryError
Date Tue, 11 Jul 2006 13:53:57 GMT
Christofer Dutz wrote:

> Hi Oleg
>
> Well exactly this is why I used JRockit, because I didn’t want to
> bother finding out how to tweak it ;) I know that the way the
> Garbagecollector works can be configured using command-line
> parameters, but I don’t know which ones and if they have the desired
> effect.
>
> I just wanted to give you the hint that you will not find any real
> memory-leaks, because there aren’t any and that the problems you are
> having result of a garbage collection problem in the VM … realizing
> this earlier would have made many many days of code-checking and
> profiling obsolete L
>
> Good luck,
>
> Chris

I have to disagree. While you may not find any memory leaks, profiling
should always be recommended. First, it helps you understand how your
application operates. Second, you may find that you have pool sizes that
are too low or that you need to modify some pipelines or make some other
modifications.

However, we have found significant improvements by modifying the JVM
settings. Unfortunately, I don't have them in front of me at the moment.

Ralph