cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <Ralph.Go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: Kill the cache?
Date Thu, 06 Jul 2006 15:55:09 GMT
What do you mean it is caching other contexts?  Do you mean that objects
from other servlet contexts are being placed in the cache?

Cocoon only caches its own content. Now I suppose it is possible that if
you are using Hibernate or something else that also uses ehcache that
the stuff they are caching might end up in the same cache as Cocoon's,
but it isn't Cocoon doing this.  Basically, the cache is more or less
just a Map. Something somewhere has to do a put to get it into the
cache.   Nothing is just going to arbitrarily pick up random objects and
store them in the cache.  You can easily change Cocoon's default store
to use something other than ehcache.

Ralph