cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Niels van Kampenhout <n.vankampenh...@hippo.nl>
Subject Re: Dynamic selection list
Date Wed, 05 Jul 2006 06:26:51 GMT
Toby wrote:
> I'm trying to implement a dynamic selection list for a form field.
> I need to extract the selection values and labels from a database.
>
> The only way of filling a selection list with dynamic values, that I
> could glean from the documentation, is by using flow-jxpath.
>
> Which poses the problem of how to make a SQL query in javascript.
>
> Or, if flowscript could fetch an arbitrary sitemap URI and access the
> generated XML data, I could write the query in ESQL.  Is it possible?
>
> Am I barking at the wrong tree here?  How should I proceed?

Hi Toby,

You can also make a pipeline that fetches the data from the DB using the
SQLTransformer [1], and transforms the resulting XML into a CForms
selection list format. Then in you form model specify a dynamic
selection list:

<fd:selection-list src="cocoon:/mychoices.xml" dynamic="true"/>

This seems much easier than the flow/jx solution to me. See [2] for more
info.

Regards,
Niels

[1] http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/sql-transformer.html