cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Justin Fagnani-Bell <just...@fagnani.com>
Subject Re: Getting started again...
Date Mon, 10 Jul 2006 04:39:03 GMT
Ok, I got cocoon-trunk running. Just had to run mvn install about 10
times (I hope end users won't have to use Maven).

Most things work, but quite a few of the samples I'm interested in
are broken (CForms: Bindings, SQL access, Cocoon suggests; User
Preferences).

Now, I'm trying to go through the tutorial at [1] and I'm getting an
error when trying to use maven to create a block skeleton:

> Failed to resolve artifact.
>
> GroupId: org.apache.cocoon
> ArtifactId: cocoon-archetype-block
> Version: 1.0-SNAPSHOT

I can't really find anything in the list archives yet about this. I'm
not sure if the docs are out of date and the command given is wrong
or what.

Any idea?

All this new stuff, especially Maven is going to take some time to
learn. My first thought after getting the build working was "great,
it works, but now what?". I obviously can't just go in and hack away
at sitemaps and toss in files like I was used to because this version
will get overwritten next time I build with Maven. It looks like I
want to create a block, and that's my site/app right? I guess the
docs are behind development... can anyone give me some guidance here?

Thanks,
   Justin