cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Fennell, Philip" <philip.fenn...@hp.com>
Subject RE: Xhtml and Ajax...no go!!
Date Wed, 26 Jul 2006 09:12:46 GMT
Andrew,

Although I cannot comment on your stated problem I was drawn to reply
because I noticed that your example XHTML output had an XML declaration
at the start:

If you want the web pages you are generating to render as best as
possible across all browsers then you need to drop the XML declaration.
Internet Explorer 6 will not run in standards compliance mode, even with
the correct DOCTYPE declaration, if the XML declaration is there too.

Regards

Philip Fennell

________________________________

From: Andrew [mailto:andrewmadu@gmail.com]
Sent: 26 July 2006 09:21
To: users@cocoon.apache.org
Subject: Xhtml and Ajax...no go!!

Hi,
can someone please tell me why when setting ajax="true" in my CForm and
serializing the document as xhtml (Strict) the following line in the
xhtml output should break the page?:

<!DOCTYPE page PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "
http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd
<http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd> ">

<form action
="updateAccounts.kont" ajax="true" name=
"Form1" method="POST" dojoType="CFormsForm"

<script type=
"text/javascript">cocoon.forms.ajax = true;</script

What is it about the script line that xhtml does not like? My ajax map
is:

				<map:select type="ajax-request">
				  <map:when test="true">

				    <map:serialize type="xml"/>
				  </map:when>
				  <map:otherwise>
				    <map:serialize type="xhtml"/>
				  </map:otherwise>
				</map:select>

If I change the forms-styling-*.xsl document to an indclude js file.
<script src="" />, which contains that one line of js,
the page loads correctly but a js error is generated saying that
'cocoon' is undefined. At this point, of course, no ajax works

and what you are left with on submitting a page is a full page reload!!

Any ideas anyone?

regards

Andrew