cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Marc Driftmeyer <mdr...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Cocoon 2.1.x v WebObjects 5.x
Date Mon, 10 Jul 2006 06:37:40 GMT
To clarify seeing as I used to support WOF at NeXT and Apple.
WebObjects lost its elegance when it switched from Objective-C to Java.
How so? The fact it used to be based on Openstep and later if it had
been maintained with Apple only platform, Cocoa, then it could leverage
all the elegant frameworks in Tiger.

With Leopard I'd expect some major changes with WebObjects. I know
several people who are involved and they are more than skilled to bring
it up to speed, where it once lead the industry.

I'd like to see it provide some frameworks that could work jointly with
Cocoon 2.2 and Maven.

- Marc