cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Dingjun Jia" <dingjun....@gmail.com>
Subject pdf generation with text encoded in Numeric Chracter Reference
Date Sat, 08 Jul 2006 16:03:27 GMT
Hallo!

I extract the data from a mysql database and generate a pdf file. In the
database there are some texts in some table like Eink&#252;nfte and
D&#246fern. When i use XSP to extract the data and the XML serializer
default encode the "&" as &amp;, it means, the generated XML file contains
then Eink&amp;#252;nfte. Then i use a xsl file to deal with this problem by
using <xsl:value-of select="myelement" disable-output-escaping="yes"/>

And i use another xsl file to the output of the xsl to generate pdf file,
but the generated pdf file contains Eink&#252;nfte, not the Einküfte, which
i expected.
Here is a part of my sitemap.

   <map:match pattern="test.pdf">
   <map:generate type="serverpages" src="xsp/test.xsp"/>
   <map:transform type="xslt" src="style/test.xsl"/>
   <map:transform type="xslt" src="style/xml2pdf.xsl"/>
   <map:serialize type="fo2pdf"/>
   </map:match>

I have tested, when i changed the serializer from fo2pdf to xml und saw in
the fo file, that it's Eink&#252;nfte. I saved this generated xml as test.fo
and call  by hand "fop test.fo test.pdf", in the "manually" generated pdf
file is Eink&#252;nfte correctly encoded as Einkünfte.

Hat anyone some hint, how I can treat this problem? Thannk!