cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Warrell" <warr...@iquo.co.uk>
Subject RE: Dynamic selection list
Date Wed, 05 Jul 2006 08:22:33 GMT
Whooooaaaa......

Why make life difficult? See
http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/widgetconcepts/selectionlists.html

and use a Cocoon pipeline which has a matcher that uses the SQLTransformer
to get the results out of the database.

Hope this helps.

-----Original Message-----
From: Toby [mailto:tobia.conforto@linux.it]
Sent: 04 July 2006 17:41
To: users@cocoon.apache.org
Subject: Dynamic selection list

I'm trying to implement a dynamic selection list for a form field.
I need to extract the selection values and labels from a database.

The only way of filling a selection list with dynamic values, that I
could glean from the documentation, is by using flow-jxpath.

Which poses the problem of how to make a SQL query in javascript.

Or, if flowscript could fetch an arbitrary sitemap URI and access the
generated XML data, I could write the query in ESQL.  Is it possible?

Am I barking at the wrong tree here?  How should I proceed?

Toby

--
Signed/encrypted mail welcome.  GPG/PGP Key-Id: 0x15C5C2EA