cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Christofer Dutz" <d...@c-ware.de>
Subject AW: AW: AW: OutOfMemoryError
Date Wed, 12 Jul 2006 12:44:59 GMT
Hi Oleg,

We had the problems with a JDK 1.5_02 (I think) on a Windows 2003 server. As
far as I remember (this was a few months ago) this is no real bug in the
sense of not working correctly. For performance reasons the default GC
doesn’t walk through the entire reference Tree, it only checks a few levels.
If you have circular references that’s “size” exceeds the maximum scanning
depth of the GC, it won’t detect that. As far as I know this is not limited
to only this VM since it is a basic Algorithm problem. Mabe Dan can help you
with the VM settings (since I did’t it the lazy way ;) )

Regards,

    Chris

[ c h r i s t o f e r   d u t z ]

IT-Berater

univativ GmbH & Co. KG

Robert-Bosch-Str. 7, 64293 Darmstadt

fon: 0 61 51 / 66 717 - 21

fax: 0 61 51 / 66 717 - 29

email: christofer.dutz@univativ.de

http://www.univativ.de

Darmstadt, Stuttgart, Karlsruhe, Düsseldorf

  _____