cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Christofer Dutz" <d...@c-ware.de>
Subject AW: OutOfMemoryError
Date Mon, 10 Jul 2006 07:50:27 GMT
Hi Oleg,

we encountered similar problems and fortunately found our that these
problems were VM related. I assume you are using a standard Sun JDK
installation (This was the case with our system). When looking at the VM
memory consumption, we could see an increasing memory consumption. Whenever
we manually triggered a “big garbage-collection” most of this was freed
again. The problem is that the default Garbage Collection Settings seem to
have problems with circular references. Memory, which is not accessible, is
not freed because of this. We could have solved this by tweaking the GC
settings of the VM, but we got rid of the problems by using the BEA Jrockit
VM instead (I knew this would work and I didn’t want to dig into all the
switches an leavers of the sun GC)

Hope this helps.

Regards,

            Christofer

[ c h r i s t o f e r   d u t z ]

IT-Berater

univativ GmbH & Co. KG

Robert-Bosch-Str. 7, 64293 Darmstadt

fon: 0 61 51 / 66 717 - 21

fax: 0 61 51 / 66 717 - 29

email: christofer.dutz@univativ.de

http://www.univativ.de

Darmstadt, Stuttgart, Karlsruhe, Düsseldorf

  _____