cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Derek Hohls" <DHo...@csir.co.za>
Subject Re: Cocoon and Spring
Date Fri, 02 Jun 2006 07:02:43 GMT
Hmm - seems more personal than religious; tho' some of it does
seem to spill over into the technical.  If anything, that long debate (?)
makes one lean towards the Spring "camp" (philosophy) rather than
the EJB one, with Hibernate caught in the cross-fire...

(but I am very much a bemused onlooker!)

>>> patrick.refondini@pobox.com 2006/06/02 12:28 AM >>>

Mike Casey wrote:
> No, its more the infighting between the two camps I was refering to. Spring
> works just fine with hibernate
>
> http://houseofhaug.net/blog/archives/2005/08/12/hibernate-hates-spring/
>
> MC
Thanks for the information. Pleased to see it's only religious, not
technical ;) I like both of these products and will certainly not change
my mind for the above.

Patrick

> On 6/2/06, Patrick Refondini <patrick.refondini@pobox.com> wrote:
>

>> Mike Casey wrote:
>> > Great thanks heaps for that Jason. Thats pretty much what I thought was
>> > the case with the MVCs. I am an XML processing fanatic, so I am heading
>> > Cocoon all the way:-) It is interesting to see that Cocoon and Spring
>> > are getting closer links. Lets hope it doesnt turn out like the whole
>> > hibernate fiasco!
>> Spring Hibernate integration fiasco ? I thought it was mature ?
>>
>> Just wondering (and interested) by what you mean. I have used Hibernate
>> behind a custom facade from both Struts and Cocoon, with much
>> satisfaction. I thought Cocoon-Spring integration might benefit of even
>> easier Hibernate services access to Cocoon (or other ORM/Persistence
>> layers), am I wrong ?
>>
>> Patrick

views of the CSIR.

CSIR E-mail Legal Notice