cocoon-users mailing list archives

From 321...@gmail.com
Subject Completely lost with Lucene
Date Fri, 02 Jun 2006 11:01:17 GMT
Hi,

I'd like to use the Lucene search in my page, but reading the docs at
http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/concepts/xmlsearching.html and
http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/LuceneIndexTransformer does not really
enlighten me.

My case:
The content of my pages is generated dynamically, getting the data from a
mysql database. Something like that,

<map:match pattern="karte">
    <map:generate type="file" src="documents/xml/sql.xml"/>
    <map:transform type="sql">
        <map:parameter name="use-connection" value="mysql-pool"/>
        <map:parameter name="lfdnr" value="{request-param:lfdnr}"/>
     </map:transform>
     <map:transform src="documents/stylesheets/style.xsl"/>
     <map:serialize type="html"/>
</map:match>

So calling e.g. the address
http://localhost:8080/cocoon/karte?lfdnr=412shows me the results of
the page with the sql primary key 412 transformed
via style.xsl.

Lucene should be able to index the columns 'lfd_nr', 'venue' and
'description' (without indexing the other 6 columns of the table) and should
give me the results, if those fields match my search query obviously, like
shown above (http://localhost:8080/cocoon/karte?lfdnr='pk')

Declaring the LuceneIndexTransformer of my sitemap is the only thing I have
completely understood from the wiki. ;)
A little guidance would be appreciated very much. (+ what to write in which
files, since that does not always emanate from the wiki)

Thanks in advance
Marco