cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Björn Boxstart ...@bogaarts.nl>
Subject RE: adding an SVG element to xhtml
Date Wed, 14 Jun 2006 08:07:47 GMT
Indeed it looks like whatever solution you choose, you will still have to deal with the different
browser types. The latest version of firefox does support inline SVG (see their website).
And you could use the solution that I proposed before for IE.
Björn

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: Derek Hohls [mailto:DHohls@csir.co.za]
Verzonden: woensdag 14 juni 2006 8:36
Aan: users@cocoon.apache.org
Onderwerp: RE: adding an SVG element to xhtml

Hmm.  I have never been able to get the <embed> tag to work in
Firefox.  Please let us know how this is done.

As a sidenote; working with SVG across multiple types of browsers is,
unfortunately, quite problematic at present.  Best to apply it in a
situation where you know what the end users software is eg. an
intraweb.

In the worst case, you could transform the SVG to JPEG - using a
method similar to the one below - and this will display OK in all
browsers.

>>> bb@bogaarts.nl 2006/06/14 08:28 AM >>>

Hello Marco,
What you are trying to do is to create inline SVG in an HTML page like you would do in XSL-FO
files. This is possible, but your solution would need a different approach per browser. However,
I think that it would be a much easier solution to create one more page that just creates
the SVG image. You would refer to this image from the HTML page that you create (by using
the 'src' attribute).
This could look something like:
<embed src="cocoon/mymapgenerator.xml" width="625" height="392.5" type="image/svg+xml"
/>
Be sure to set the correct content type in the page that generates the image
You could pass parameters to the page that creates the image to make the image generation
dynamic.
I hope this helps!
Björn