cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Stephen Winnall <st...@winnall.ch>
Subject searching with Lucene in bilingual Cocoon site
Date Tue, 27 Jun 2006 10:42:02 GMT
I'm implementing a bilingual website using Cocoon 2.1.8. I want a
search facility, so
I'm trying to use the Lucene block to implement it. Since the two
languages (English
and German) have different stop lists, stemming rules etc., and any
given word may
have a different meaning depending on the language, it seems to me
appropriate
to have two separate indices.

The following extracts from my sitemap show how I have tried to solve
this:

<map:components>

     <map:generators>

         <map:generator name="search-de"
src="org.apache.cocoon.generation.SearchGenerator">
             <index>search/de</index>
             <analyzer>org.apache.lucene.analysis.de.GermanAnalyzer </
analyzer>
         </map:generator>

         <map:generator name="search-en"
src="org.apache.cocoon.generation.SearchGenerator">
             <index>search/en</index>

<analyzer>org.apache.lucene.analysis.standard.StandardAnalyzer</
analyzer>
         </map:generator>

     </map:generators>

</map:components>

<map:pipelines>

     <map:pipeline>

         <map:match pattern="search">
             <map:act type="locale">
                 <map:select type="parameter">
                     <map:parameter name="parameter-selector-test"
value="{language}" />
                     <map:when test="de">
                         <map:generate type="search-de" />
                     </map:when>
                     <map:otherwise>
                         <map:generate type="search-en" />
                     </map:otherwise>
                 </map:select>
             </map:act>
             <map:serialize type="xml" />
         </map:match>

     </map:pipeline>

</map:pipelines>

However, when I invoke the URI /search I get the following error from
Jetty:

     java.io.IOException: /private/tmp/Jetty__8888__/cocoon-files/
index not a directory

Apparently Cocoon is ignoring the <index> entry in the
<map:generator> element, where
I specified "search/de" for German and "search/en" for English and
using the default

Can anyone give me pointers on how to deal with this problem? Do I
have to take a
spanner to org.apache.cocoon.generation.SearchGenerator in the Lucene
block and
change something?

Steve