cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Ard Schrijvers" <a.schrijv...@hippo.nl>
Subject RE: Encoding from flowscript to component
Date Mon, 12 Jun 2006 21:20:37 GMT
Think I am lost:  I suppose cocoon.getComponent(myComponent.ROLE); gets a component you wrote
yourself? I thought you might have made a mistake in there, but now you are saying it is not
"my component" I am seriously confused

Regards Ard

 It's not my component.
If I do a myBean.getName() in the flowscript for exemple, the string is well encoded.
But if i do the same call in my component, the string is no more well encoded.
I think it's more a problem with the Rhino layer when passing the objects from flowscript
to java object.

Ard Schrijvers wrote:

But is then the problem not just in your myComponent? What does it do?

Ard

Yes, the form encoding is well configured.
We are able to retrieve correctly the accentuated characters from the form in the flowsript.
The problem occurs when we pass the bean from the flowscript to the component.

Ard Schrijvers wrote:
In your web.xml, you have the form-encoding configured correctly??

For example,

<init-param>
      <param-name>form-encoding</param-name>
      <param-value>utf8</param-value>
</init-param>

Regards Ard

Hello,

We are using Cocoon 2.1.9 (Windows XP/Tomcat 5.0.30 and Suse 9/Tomcat
5.0) and we have a problem with the encoding when passing
Java objects
from the fowscript to an Avalon component.

Here is a sample of our code:
        form.save(myBean);
        try {
            var myComponent = cocoon.getComponent(myComponent.ROLE);
            myComponent.save(myBean);
        }
        finally {
            cocoon.releaseComponent(myComponent);
        }

If we inspect the values of the bean in the flowscript, all the
accentuated characters are well encoded.
But if we inspect the same values in the save function of the
component,
the accentuated characters are not well encoded.

Does anyone already had the same problem ?
Thanks for your answers.

Sébastien

Sébastien  CHAUVIN
JOUVE Information System (IS) / Industrial Property (IP)

Email          : schauvin@jouve.fr
Tel (Direct)   : (33) 02 99 86 93 57
Tel (Standard) : (33) 02 99 86 98 00
Fax            : (33) 02 99 86 98 01
Adress         : Societe Jouve, 12 rue des Landelles, Imm Hercule II
                 35 510 Cesson-Sevigne, FRANCE

Web (France)   : "http://www.jouve.fr"
Web (Usa)      : "http://www.jouve.com"
The present email and all information included therein do not constitute a legal agreement
accorded by Jouve. All legal agreements must be formulated in writing on paper by a legal
representative of JOUVE. If you have received this email by mistake, please inform us of that
fact and destroy the email and any documents it might contain. Thank you for your cooperation.