cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Ard Schrijvers" <a.schrijv...@hippo.nl>
Subject RE: Encoding from flowscript to component
Date Wed, 07 Jun 2006 20:03:26 GMT

But is then the problem not just in your myComponent? What does it do?

Ard

Yes, the form encoding is well configured.
We are able to retrieve correctly the accentuated characters from the form in the flowsript.
The problem occurs when we pass the bean from the flowscript to the component.

Ard Schrijvers wrote:

In your web.xml, you have the form-encoding configured correctly??

For example,

<init-param>

      <param-name>form-encoding</param-name>

      <param-value>utf8</param-value>

</init-param>

Regards Ard

Hello,

We are using Cocoon 2.1.9 (Windows XP/Tomcat 5.0.30 and Suse 9/Tomcat

5.0) and we have a problem with the encoding when passing

Java objects

from the fowscript to an Avalon component.

Here is a sample of our code:

        form.save(myBean);

        try {

            var myComponent = cocoon.getComponent(myComponent.ROLE);

            myComponent.save(myBean);

        }

        finally {

            cocoon.releaseComponent(myComponent);

        }

If we inspect the values of the bean in the flowscript, all the

accentuated characters are well encoded.

But if we inspect the same values in the save function of the

component,

the accentuated characters are not well encoded.

Does anyone already had the same problem ?

Thanks for your answers.

S├ębastien

For additional commands, e-mail:  users-help@cocoon.apache.org

--

S├ębastien  CHAUVIN

JOUVE Information System (IS) / Industrial Property (IP)

Email          :  schauvin@jouve.fr

Tel (Direct)   : (33) 02 99 86 93 57

Tel (Standard) : (33) 02 99 86 98 00

Fax            : (33) 02 99 86 98 01

Adress         : Societe Jouve, 12 rue des Landelles, Imm Hercule II

                 35 510 Cesson-Sevigne, FRANCE

Web (France)   :  "http://www.jouve.fr" <http://www.jouve.fr>

Web (Usa)      :  "http://www.jouve.com" <http://www.jouve.com>

The present email and all information included therein do not constitute a legal agreement
accorded by Jouve. All legal agreements must be formulated in writing on paper by a legal
representative of JOUVE. If you have received this email by mistake, please inform us of that
fact and destroy the email and any documents it might contain. Thank you for your cooperation.