cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Steve Burling <...@umich.edu>
Subject Cocoon entity catalog debugging (was Re: Cocoon config: chasing namespace URIs?)
Date Mon, 19 Jun 2006 15:23:50 GMT
--On June 18, 2006 10:21:59 PM -0500 Antonio Gallardo <agallardo@agssa.net>
wrote:

> Here is the best solution for your problem:
> http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/concepts/catalog.html

To which I reply:

This is great.  The only problem is it doesn't seem to work :-(.

I've upped the verbosity level for Cocoon's entity-resolver to 10, and I
can see in the Tomcat log as Cocoon starts up that it's processing the
w3c/catalog file, and defining the "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN"
entity, but when I load the Cocoon-processed page with the template
document that references that entity, I don't see a corresponding set of

resolvePublic ...
Resolved public: ...

entries, and if I watch with 'ngrep' (as the Cocoon document above
recommends) I can see the fetch going out to w3.org.

I've stared hard at the file that contains the DOCTYPE, looking for subtle
case-mismatches, without luck.  If anyone has some hints about how to
figure out what's going on, I'd really appreciate it.

--
Steve Burling                                    <mailto:srb@umich.edu>
University of Michigan, ICPSR                    Voice: +1 734 615.3779