cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Gnatz, Michael" <Michael.Gn...@Pentasys.de>
Subject AW: AW: Is using Cocoon a good idea?
Date Thu, 22 Jun 2006 13:11:32 GMT
>I wonder if you are experiencing the old spaghetti code problem: you
can write good,
readable programs in assembly code and nasty, unreadable spaghetti in
(insert your
view of the perfect programming language).

That is certainly right. But in practice I can't assume people writing nice code. The advantage
of my perfect programming language, for example java is then the following: I can analyse
dependencies in the form of method calls quite easily (assuming nobody did use reflection
or things like that). With xslt I have to understand ugly and complex xpath pattern matching
(which Bertrand suggested to use :-( )