cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Manicardi Roberto" <Roberto.Manica...@guest.telecomitalia.it>
Subject Pipeline testing
Date Wed, 14 Jun 2006 10:16:28 GMT
Hi to all!

I'm new to cocoon and I'm trying to find the ways to do unit testing on
my cocoon project.

I found how to test a single component (generator,matcher,action and
selector) with SitemapComponentTestCase.

I also found how to test the webapp with HtmlUnitTestCase.

I'm now trying to find how to test a single pipeline without using
HtmlUnit. The requirement to use HtmlUnit is to have a webapp up and
running in an application/servlet container. I would like to test a
pipeline without doing any deploy of the webapp. What  I need is a
testing framework that create a mock cocoon context in which I can run
my pipeline, so if I have this sample sitemap:

<map:sitemap xmlns:map="http://apache.org/cocoon/sitemap/1.0"
xmlns:xmlvs="http://pro-netics.com/xmlvs/1.0">

  <map:pipelines>

    <map:pipeline>

            <map:match pattern="file/**">

            </map:match>

     </map:pipeline>

  </map:pipelines>

</map:sitemap>

I would like to write a unit test like this:

public class SamplePipelineTest extends MockCocoonContextTestSuite{

            private expectedFilePipelineOutput = "";

            public void setUp(){

                        // set up mock cocoon context

            }

            public void testFilePipeline(){

                        String cocoonUrl="cocoon:/file/xxx";

                        Parameters parameters = ....

cocoonContest.loadUrl(cocoonURL,parameters,....);

assertCocoonPipelineOutput(expectedFilePipelineOutput);

            }

}

My question is: does anybody knows if it's possible and how to do this
kind of test?

Thank you and bye!

Roberto Manicardi