cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Michael Price <m...@cyberscore.net>
Subject Cocoon 500 error after installation
Date Wed, 21 Jun 2006 23:18:03 GMT
Hi,
I've just installed Apache Cocoon 2.1.9 from source on a Fedora Core 2
box running the following:

Tomcat 4.1.24
Apache 2.0.51
Plesk 7.5.4

I used ./build.sh war to get the cocoon.war file which I then placed in
$TOMCAT_HOME/webapps as detailed here:
http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/installing/index.html

Owing to the lack of a specific section for Tomcat 4.1 I followed the
instructions for 4.0.4.

I stopped and restarted Tomcat, the cocoon.war file was unpacked as
expected, and I fired up lynx to http://localhost:8080/cocoon/

I got a 500 Internal Server Error with the following details:

                             Initialization Problem

    Message: null

    Sender: org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet

    Source: Cocoon Servlet

    cause
access denied (java.util.PropertyPermission org.apache.cocoon.settings read)

    request-uri
/cocoon/

    Apache Cocoon 2.1.9

I'm pretty new to this and am trying to get it up and running for a
friend of mine - I don't use Tomcat myself so I'm stuck! A quick Google
didn't turn up anything so can anyone recommend a solution to this
problem? Thanks!
--
Regards, Michael Price          - mike@cyberscore.net