cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: portal and forms - no script / styling
Date Tue, 20 Jun 2006 05:47:16 GMT
christian bindeballe wrote:
> Hi, Carsten,
>
> that was a very good hint, indeed it made it work as to styling :) thank
> you very much for taking the time to look into it.
> now, the only thing is, when I have entered data into the form, after
> submitting, I get the message "the coplet spmt-1 is currently not
> available". how, or where can I find out, what caused this error? there
> is nothing in the cocoon.log or portal.log that matches the time the
> error occurred. could it have to do with wrapping continuations in an
> action like this one?
>
> <map:match pattern="*.continue">
>  <map:act type="auth-loggedIn">  <!-- check authentication -->
>   <map:parameter name="handler" value="managehandler"/>
>   <map:act type="auth-protect">  <!-- give access to the context -->
>    <map:parameter name="handler" value="managehandler"/>
>    <map:call continuation="{1}"/>
>   </map:act>
>  </map:act>
>  <map:redirect-to uri="login"/>
> </map:match>

Ah, yes, this is wrong :) With {1} you refer to values provided directly
by the surrounding action. If you want to refer to the value of the
matcher, you have to use {../../1}. Or you can use named nodes:
<map:match pattern="*.continue" name="contmatch">
    <map:call continuation="{#contmatch:1}"/>
(I'm writing this just using my memory, so there might be a mistake/typo
in it).
I would prefer using named nodes as this is independent of the structure
of your pipeline. It still works if you add/remove some actions inbetween.

> By the way, is the caching URI coplet the right way to go for using
> CForms in the portal, or should I switch to an application-coplet?
The caching URI is the right coplet to use. The difference between those two
is basically if the app you're integrating is local or remote, so for
local ones you use caching uri while you use application-coplet for
remote ones.

Carsten
http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/