cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Jeroen Reijn <j.re...@hippo.nl>
Subject Re: For-each in sitemap?
Date Mon, 12 Jun 2006 14:06:43 GMT
Hi Sjur,

I do not know of any solution in the sitemap, but you are able to do this:

It should be something like this in pseudo-code:

<map:generate src="request.xml" type="jx/>
<map:transform type="include"/>
<map:serialize type="xml"/>

Step1. JX template generator

The generator generates a JX-template. The JX-template has the cocoon.request object available
to iterate through.
You can create <include src="file"/> elements for the include transformer.

Step2. (C)Include transformer

The (C)Include transformer will fetch your documents from your DB.

For more information about both components please take a look at:

http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/flow/jxtemplate.html

and

http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/cinclude-transformer.html

I hope this will help you out.

Regards,

Reijn

Sjur Moshagen wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I would like to aggregate a dynamic list of documents following a
> certain pattern, but I can't find a way of doing it. I have been
> searching the user docs and the mailing lists, to no avail.
>
> Here's what I would like to do, in some rough pseudo-code:
>
> match on request parameter
>   aggregate:
>     for-each {value} in the {request parameter}
>       cocoon:{value}/file
>     end for-each
>   end aggregate
>   transform
>   serialise
>
> The request parameter would come from a multiple-selection list.
>
> Is something like this possible? If so, how?
>
> Background/use case:
>
> I have an XML db (eXist) with collections of xml documents I need to
> query. Each collection contains different types of xml documents, and
> the query and subsequent processing needs to be tailored to each
> collection. As not all collections are public/searchable, or the user
> can specify a subset of them, I can't know in advance which collections
> I'm going to search, and subsequently aggregate the results from. Thus
> the need to aggregate based on a dynamic list.
>
> Any help greatly appreciated.
>
> Best regards,
> Sjur

Met vriendelijke groet,