cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Igor Naumov <igornau...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: source-writing - then redirect?
Date Sat, 10 Jun 2006 14:41:47 GMT
I have an XSLT that checks for the successful source-write message and
does a <meta HTTP-EQUIV="refresh"...> redirect in HTML.
Otherwise it shows an error message.
So the idea is to transform the XML output of source-write into HTML
that does the redirection (either through a meta tag or through
javascript code).
The only issue with it is that the browser can disable both refresh
option and javascript. In this case you can still generate some html
with a link to the next page that the user will need to click if he is
too paranoid to allow javascript and meta redirects.

Using map:redirect does not work since the pipeline processor does not
need to generate any output if there is a redirect in the pipeline
(there should not be any response body with the redirect). So the
processor does not do any transformations (why bother?), and your
source-write is not invoked.

Igor