cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Sébastien Chauvin <schau...@jouve.fr>
Subject Re: Encoding from flowscript to component
Date Wed, 07 Jun 2006 11:13:05 GMT
Yes, the form encoding is well configured.
We are able to retrieve correctly the accentuated characters from the
form in the flowsript.
The problem occurs when we pass the bean from the flowscript to the
component.

Ard Schrijvers wrote:

>In your web.xml, you have the form-encoding configured correctly??
>
>For example,
>
><init-param>
>      <param-name>form-encoding</param-name>
>      <param-value>utf8</param-value>
></init-param>
>
>Regards Ard
>

>>Hello,
>>
>>We are using Cocoon 2.1.9 (Windows XP/Tomcat 5.0.30 and Suse 9/Tomcat
>>5.0) and we have a problem with the encoding when passing
>>Java objects
>>from the fowscript to an Avalon component.
>>
>>Here is a sample of our code:
>>        form.save(myBean);
>>        try {
>>            var myComponent = cocoon.getComponent(myComponent.ROLE);
>>            myComponent.save(myBean);
>>        }
>>        finally {
>>            cocoon.releaseComponent(myComponent);
>>        }
>>
>>If we inspect the values of the bean in the flowscript, all the
>>accentuated characters are well encoded.
>>But if we inspect the same values in the save function of the
>>component,
>>the accentuated characters are not well encoded.
>>
>>Does anyone already had the same problem ?
>>Thanks for your answers.
>>
>>Sébastien

Sébastien  CHAUVIN
JOUVE Information System (IS) / Industrial Property (IP)

Email          : schauvin@jouve.fr
Tel (Direct)   : (33) 02 99 86 93 57
Tel (Standard) : (33) 02 99 86 98 00
Fax            : (33) 02 99 86 98 01
Adress         : Societe Jouve, 12 rue des Landelles, Imm Hercule II
                 35 510 Cesson-Sevigne, FRANCE

Web (France)   : "http://www.jouve.fr"
Web (Usa)      : "http://www.jouve.com"
The present email and all information included therein do not constitute a legal agreement
accorded by Jouve. All legal agreements must be formulated in writing on paper by a legal
representative of JOUVE. If you have received this email by mistake, please inform us of that
fact and destroy the email and any documents it might contain. Thank you for your cooperation.