cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Simone Gianni <s.gia...@thebug.it>
Subject Re: custom validator is not called
Date Thu, 01 Jun 2006 18:07:09 GMT
Hi Mike,
please let me know if I understand correctly. The same java validator
gives no problem, except when used inside a union? Does other
validations (try length or regexp) work correctly in the same situation?

Simone

cocoon.erard wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I'm using the following construct to display or hide a field. This is only an Example,
I'currently testing something.
>My problem is now, that my Java validator is never called. Is this a Bug or did I make
a misstake? When i use the validator elsewhere, there's no problem.

>Thanks Mike
>
><fd:union id="chipunion" case="../page1/type">
><fd:widgets>
>	<fd:group id="case1">
>		<fd:widgets>
>		</fd:widgets>
>	</fd:group>
>	<fd:group id="case2">
>		<fd:widgets>
>			<fd:field id="chip" required="true">
>				<fd:label>chip application:</fd:label>
>				<fd:datatype base="string"/>
>				<fd:selection-list>
>					<fd:item value="cash"/>
>					<fd:item value="cash + emv"/>
>				</fd:selection-list>
>				<fd:validation>
>					<fd:java class="ch.corix.cocoon.validator.EmvValidator" />
>				</fd:validation>
>			</fd:field>
>		</fd:widgets>
>	</fd:group>