cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Abbas Mousavi <abbasmous...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: source-writing - then redirect?
Date Sat, 10 Jun 2006 16:23:06 GMT
Hi
in both cases, using source writing transformer and using flowscrip you should proceed the
same way:

   with transformer you have a pipeline, you add to it an xslt for and the transformer,
  with flowscript you have the same pipeline, you write a simple function to write this document
to  a source.

 of cource replacing a fragment of a document, as is possible with transformer, is more dificult
with flowscript but
flowscript is more controlable and the resulting pipeline will be simpler and cleaner.

christian bindeballe <ottosmops@gmail.com> wrote: hey abbas, everyone

thanks, this approach looks very neat. although it still poses the
question to me, how I would proceed if I wanted only to change or add a
few elements in my document. I think the source-write-transformer is
pretty good for this, the only thing being, that the output is not good
for use-cases like mine. I'll try both ways and then I'll decide which
one is more suitable.

thanks a lot for the hints, it helped me a lot :)

greetings,

christian