cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Bruno Dumon <br...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: cocoon actions implements threadsafe
Date Sat, 03 Jun 2006 09:19:55 GMT
On Fri, 2006-06-02 at 14:11 -0400, Doug Herold wrote:
> I am sorry I meant SingleThreaded.  So you would think that this is a
> bottle neck.

Unless your actions require heavy initialisation, implementing
ThreadSafe or not will only result in minor performance differences (if
you call multiple actions during the processing of a request, at best
you'll see a difference of a few msecs -- its the difference between
directly using an object or having to look it up from the component
manager).

So sure, implement ThreadSafe if possible, but if you have serious
performance issues with your application they are likely to be somewhere
else...