cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Christofer Dutz" <d...@c-ware.de>
Subject AW: eXist xmldb
Date Tue, 06 Jun 2006 20:46:51 GMT
Hi Peter

Assuming you are using a relatively new version of exist (either the
snapshot or current subversion checkout) and you only want direct access (no
XML-RPC or other fancy network stuff)

Here is what you have to do:

Copy the following jars to cocoons WEB-INF/lib directory:

exist/exist.jar

exist/exist-optional.jar

exist/lib/core/antlr.jar

exist/lib/core/commons-pool-1.2.jar

exist/lib/core/xmldb.jar

exist/lib/core/xmlrpc-1.2-patched.jar

Add the following to the Generators section of the sitemap:

<map:generator name="xquery" src=" org.exist.cocoon.XQueryGenerator "/>

Add the following to your cocoon.xconf: inside the the
org.apache.cocoon.components.source.impl.XMLDBSourceFactory configuration
(there should be a xindice driver configured)

<driver class=" org.exist.xmldb.DatabaseImpl" type="exist"/>

I would recommend removing the unused driver, because I remember cocoon
trying to initialize the driver, but because of a missing Xindice cocoon
gets an error and skips the following drivers.

This should result in the xmldb:exist pseudo protocol being accessible.

To start the server, add the following to the cocoon.xconf:

<component role=" org.exist.server"
class="de.cware.cweb.system.xmldb.XmlDbServerImpl" home="C:/home/domains"
suffix="data/xmldb" minBrokers="1" maxBrokers="5"/>

Well I have to admit, that I created my own Server component for starting
the db itself inside cocoon . think you will have to have a look for code
looking like:

BrokerPool.configure("exist", minBrokers, maxBrokers, config);

This is where initializing the BorkerPool for the instance is initialted.
Couldn't fin exactly which class is needed for this.

If you don't manage to find it, I can send you mine, but that is made for
initializing multiple Database Instances automatically (one per virtual
hosts) but It would be suitable for a start :-)

Last not least, you have to place the exist config.file in the
WEB-INF/classes directory, so it can be found by the Configuration . think
you can place it in WEB-INF/ directly, but I always use the classpath access
path.

Hope this helps you and I didn't miss anything (not using the original DB
server and Drivers anymore)

Regards,

    Chris

  _____