cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Luca Morandini <lmorand...@ieee.org>
Subject Re: repalce function in Flowscript ?
Date Mon, 08 May 2006 12:56:47 GMT
Simone Gianni wrote:
> Hi Luca,
> I think there is a misunderstanding between the fact that the "filters"
> variable is a java.lang.String object, while you are trying to use it as
> if it was a javascript string.
>
> In flow (and in rhino generally) you can have a javascript string ( var
> a = 'ciao';) or a java string ( var a = new
> Packages.java.lang.String('ciao') ). The method you can call on one or
> another depends on the kind of string you are actually using.
>
> I know this is a lot confusing, also because sometimes (eg. when the
> string is used as a parameter) it is automatically converted from one
> form to the other, while when calling a method on it it's not converted.
>
> I actually know how to convert a javascript string to a java string (
> var a = new Packages.java.lang.String(jsstring); ) but not how to do the
> opposite, maybe a simple var a = myjavastring + ''; could do the trick,
> not sure about it.
>
> Hope this helps,

Hmmm... "replace" is a JavaScript function, not a Java one, hence I
cannot understand how the string differences apply :(

Anyway, I tried:
var jfilters= new Packages.java.lang.String(filters);
var re= new Packages.java.lang.String("/a/g");
var s= new Packages.java.lang.String("b");
jfilters.replace(re, b);

to no avail:
...line 249: Cannot convert /a/g to java.lang.Character

Regards,