cocoon-users mailing list archives

From ian.d.stew...@jpmchase.com
Subject Re: how to access a database RESTfully
Date Mon, 22 May 2006 21:40:10 GMT
Hi Thomas,

In order to RESTfully interact with a resource, you will need two pieces of
information:

1) The address of the resource, in the form of a URI (Uniform/Universal
Resource Identifier)
2) The operation to be performed on the resource, in the form of an HTTP
method (GET, POST, PUT, DELETE, etc)

If by 'access' you mean to retrieve a representation of the resource, you
should be able to do this with a standard Cocoon generator or reader.  I
don't believe that Cocoon supports non-GET requests, so if you need to do
anything other than GET, you will probably have to pursue a different
approach.

Perhaps if you could provide more information on how you are try to access
the resource, what you are expecting from a successful operation, and how
you intend on incorporating this within your current Cocoon-based app,
people can provide more specific assistance.

HTH,
Ian

It's better to be hated for who you are
than loved for who you are not

Ian D. Stewart
Phone: (614) 244-2564
Pager: (888) 260-0078

             thomas
             <thomas@stray.net
                                       users@cocoon.apache.org
             05/22/2006 05:14                                           cc
             PM
                                                                   Subject
                                       how to access a database RESTfully
             Please respond to
             users@cocoon.apac
                  he.org

Hi,

I want to access a RDF data store named Sesame 2, which provides a RESTful
API, with GET, POST, PUT and DELETE. Initially I assumed this should be
rather easy even for a beginner like me but I couldn't find any tutorial or

example how this can be done without writing some Java code which I can't.

Thanks for any help,
Thomas

.
mailto:thomas@stray.net
http://stray.net

..
early optimization is the root of many evil
donald e. knuth

Ab 1948 lehrte Turing an der Universität in Manchester. 1952 schrieb er ein
Schachprogramm. Ohne über einen Computer mit genügend Leistung zu verfügen,
um es auszuführen, übernahm Turing dessen Funktion und berechnete jeden Zug
selbst, was ihn um die 90 Minuten pro Zug kostete. Das einzige
mitgeschriebene Spiel verlor er gegen einen Kollegen.
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turing