cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Warrell.Harr...@westsussex.gov.uk
Subject Re: User Management Application in Cocoon, maybe based on CForms
Date Tue, 09 May 2006 08:09:03 GMT
Hi Torsten,

I had this challenge and implemented a solution using the LDAPTransformer,
CForms with AJAX and a few custom Transformers that talk to the Novell
opens-source LDAP library. I used the LDAPTransformer to do simple queries
and the Novell library to add and delete users from predefined groups.
It's not entirely what you describe (does not plug into the authentication
framework for instance) but is suitable for asset control people to
provision and deprovision systems. You might find the Custom Transformer
source useful if you want it.

Regards

Warrell Harries | IT Services, West Sussex County Council | Location:
Northleigh House
Office: +44 (0) 1243-756837 | Email: warrell.harries@westsussex.gov.uk

Torsten Schlabach <tschlabach@apache.org>
08/05/2006 18:48
Please respond to
users@cocoon.apache.org

users@cocoon.apache.org
cc

Subject
User Management Application in Cocoon, maybe based on CForms

Dear List!

Does anyone know of a Cocoon application which managed user objects (and
possibly roles and some custom attributes) which are part of an LDAP tree?

I would be looking for something which I can pass a certain LDAP
context. It should list all user objects found in that context and
provide functionality to add and edit users and assign them roles?

Shouldn't that be something which a lot of people who have been
developing all kinds of CMS and portals based on Cocoon had a need for
before? Or am I just missing the obvious?

Just to make it clear: I have understood how to use LDAP and the Cocoon
authentication framework. This is not my question. I am talking about a
(cuszomizable, maybe embeddable) UI!

Regards,
Torsten

This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and intended solely for
the persons addressed. If it has come to you in error please reply to
advise us but you should not read it, copy it, show it to anyone else nor
make any other use of its content.   West Sussex County Council takes