cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Stewart, Gary" <Gary.Stew...@luht.scot.nhs.uk>
Subject CForms: Inserting Text Into HTMLArea
Date Fri, 26 May 2006 15:56:13 GMT
I'm using the HTMLArea component of CForms (though I did upgrade it to Xinha but most of the
calls seem the same). I've got a javascript in my CForms definition file that attempts to
add text to that component. However I've had difficulty accessing the object. I did a cocoon
log output on the lookup and that returns null. Is there a way to access the HTML component
from the definition?

I tried something like:

var cc = event.source.parent.lookupWidget("cctext").getValue();
cocoon.log.info("Lets check out the object: " + cc);

but that returns null (after entering text to try and check that the object was created.

Thanks,

Gary

legally privileged and is intended for the addressee only. If you
have received this message in error or there are any problems
please notify the originator immediately. The unauthorised use,
disclosure, copying or alteration of this message is
strictly forbidden.