cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Ard Schrijvers" <a.schrijv...@hippo.nl>
Subject RE: Custom Pipeline Caching - Using DelayedValidity?
Date Mon, 01 May 2006 09:56:48 GMT

"Well, after browsing around I wonder if I could use a delayed validity to implement this.
It would not help me skipping the request step for the external content, but I could get a
validity on the content and therefore skip the following transformers"

Yes, as I wrote on your other thread, if you can find the validity on the content, then you
could make it cacheable apart from having todo the request for the validity.

"Am I right with the delayed validity beeing the solution here?"

I am not sure why to use a delayed validity...all your generator should do, is that during
cocoon cachekey checking and validity checking, your generator should fetch something like
a timestamp of lastmodified of your external source. Has nothing to do with delayed validity
if you ask me.

"What is the best start point to implement delayed validity (sample component)?"

If you are sure you need this one, look at the DirectoryGenerator and the TraxTransformer.
They both implement delayed validity (more precize, delayed agregated validity)

Check the end of http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/daisy/documentation/writing/690.html, it really
might help you understanding cocoon cache,

Regards, AS

Hippo
Oosteinde 11
1017WT Amsterdam