cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Ard Schrijvers" <a.schrijv...@hippo.nl>
Subject RE: Warnings for XSLT
Date Fri, 26 May 2006 10:26:55 GMT
I have never seen anything like <xsl:attribute name="*{name()}*">, using { within an
xsl namespace element.

*{name()}* is unreadible for me, though i have quite some years experience in xslt. So either
you are doing something highly complex to achieve something complex, which is good, or you
are doing something highly complex which is achievable way easier.....Aaaargh, I am looking
now a little better, and I really think it is AMAZING the xsl actually works. You are having
a namespace declarations like: "*http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform*". Then if you match
a node, you have something like match="*foo*, but * is also used within xslt for matching
every node!!

* == node() (more or less, there are subtle diffs I thought, but has been to long to remember
them)

So I suggest you get rid of all those *.

Regards Ard
--

Hippo
Oosteinde 11