cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Ard Schrijvers" <a.schrijv...@hippo.nl>
Subject RE: cocoon
Date Thu, 04 May 2006 07:40:19 GMT

> What tools do you have to work with?  You really should
> analyze your app
> under simulated load with YourKit or some other profiler.  If
> you can't
> do that, I found just forcing thread dumps periodically to be of
> considerable value.

Do you case eclipse? --> Download solex (http://solex.sourceforge.net/), an eclipse plugin.
This tool works as a proxy, recording every request from your browser. Afterwards, you can
replay the results, and see how long it takes cocoon to serve (cached) pages. Debugging becomes
very easy: You have a slow page, you turn of 3 of the 4 parts in an aggregate, and try it
again, turn on another one, etc. You will see which part is the bottleneck, and go on with
this part. For a slow page, I find the bottleneck within a few minutes in this way.

Regard AS

--

Hippo
Oosteinde 11