cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Phillip Soltan <psol...@adelphia.net>
Subject Using Cocoon w/Eclipse and Tomcat
Date Tue, 16 May 2006 19:17:57 GMT
Hello,

Right now, all my development is geared towards J2EE.  I'm trying to
standardize on Tomcat as my servlet container and Eclipse as my IDE.
Unfortunately, Cocoon isn't working for me in that environment.  I can
get a stripped-down version of Cocoon to work but as soon as I add the
XSP and Database blocks, I get the following error:

-------------
Message: Could not find component (key
[org.apache.cocoon.webapps.session.ContextManager])

org.apache.avalon.framework.configuration.ConfigurationException: Could
not load class
org.apache.cocoon.webapps.session.components.ContextInputModule for
component named 'session-context' at
jndi:/localhost/cocoon-219/WEB-INF/cocoon.xconf:162:151

Sender: org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet

Source: Cocoon Servlet

cause

org.apache.avalon.framework.component.ComponentException: Could not
find component (key [org.apache.cocoon.webapps.session.ContextManager])
---------------

The ContextInputModule is under 'WEB-INF/classes' so I don't know why
Cocoon can't load it.  If I comment out the line in 'cocoon.xconf' that
loads the ContextInputModule then the 'serverpages' generator doesn't
work.  Everything works under Jetty but that doesn't help me since I
need to deploy to Tomcat.

I've seen this question asked before but there wasn't any response.
Does anyone have any suggestions?  What IDE are Cocoon developers
using?

Here is what I'm using:
Tomcat 5.5.15
Java 1.5.0
Eclipse 3.1.2 w/MyEclipse 4.1.1 Workbench
Cocoon 2.1.8 and 2.1.9

Thanks,

Phillip Soltan
AAA WebPro