cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Ferdinand Soethe <ferdin...@apache.org>
Subject Why two different matchers for project root and subdirectories?
Date Wed, 17 May 2006 07:09:22 GMT

I'm sorry if this a really silly question but I found no explanation
searching the archives and the net.

I keep stumbling across the the problem with WildcardURI-Matcher that
need to catch a resource in the project root directory or a subdirectory.

A pattern like

 <map:match pattern="**/*">

seems to catch calls for all files in subdirectories, but will not apply
to files in the project root even though docs say that 'Matches zero
or more characters including the slash ('/') character'.

So to catch files on the project root it seems like you have to create
a second matcher like

 <map:match pattern="*">

in a second pipeline.

Since I've seen the same technique used in Forrest pipelines I'm
begging to wonder if there isn't a better way of doing that with just
one matcher.

Any ideas?

--
Ferdinand Soethe