cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Patrick Refondini <patrick.refond...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: CFORMS: Accept Multiple Date Formats
Date Wed, 31 May 2006 22:47:37 GMT
Daniel Curran wrote:
> I have a date field in my form definition setup as:
>
> <fd:field id="dscdate">
>  <fd:datatype base="date">
>    <fd:convertor type="formatting">
>      <fd:patterns>
>        <fd:pattern>MM-dd-yyyy</fd:pattern>
>        <fd:pattern>MM/dd/yyyy</fd:pattern>
>      </fd:patterns>
>    </fd:datatype>
> </fd:field>
>
> When a user enters a date such as 10-20-2005 a failure is the result,
> with the form generating a validation message. When entering the date as
> 10/20/2005 the submission is successful. Is it possible to accept both
> these formats? If so how should this be setup?
>
> Thanks,
> Dan

Hi Daniel,
The only way I know to have "multiple" patterns is with locale:

<fd:convertor type="formatting">
   <fd:patterns>
     <fd:pattern>MM/dd/yyyy</fd:pattern>
     <fd:pattern locale="nl-BE">dd/MM/yyyy</fd:pattern>
     <fd:pattern locale="fr">dd-MM-yyyy</fd:pattern>
   </fd:patterns>
</fd:convertor>

Example taken from:
http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/widgetconcepts/datatypes.html

But this won't allow two "active" patterns at the same time which seems
to be what you're after.

You might also consider using aggregated fields, see (click "switch"
button):
http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/demos/release/samples/blocks/forms/aggregate/example

Just hints,

Patrick