cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Nils Kaiser <NilsKai...@gmx.de>
Subject Changing log level at runtime
Date Mon, 29 May 2006 16:35:29 GMT
Hello,

we are running a cocoon 2.1.8 application on Tomcat 5.5.15. We need a
way to change the log level configuration on developer, staging and
production systems. Before starting from scratch, I wanted to ask the
members of this list what solutions they use to solve this problem?

I guess possible ways are using a servlet (kind of admin interface) or
JMX? Any other ideas?  Or maybe there is a cocoon solution I don't know of?

I tried to use logweb [1] which looks promising but it did not work for
me. It shows only tomcat loggers. I guess maybe it is a classloader issue.

Greetings,

Nils

[1] http://www.codeczar.com/products/logweb/index.html